What you gain
The objectives behind learning the process of Nonviolent Communication within the school context or outside it are as follows
• Create a life-serving class project;
• Foster collaboration, the pleasure of learning, individual assumption of responsibility;
• Broaden one's awareness of respect of self and others (seeking solutions respectful of the needs of all concerned).
• Creation of a climate of emotional safety, belonging, pleasure and meaning for all as a prerequisite to the learning;
• Accompanying pupils without resorting to punishment, fear, guilt or shame;
• Preventing, reducing and resolving conflicts in a spirit of empathic listening and cooperation;
• Developing children's emotional intelligence, to allow them to speak their pain; offering them a communication process to allow them to understand, to experiment, to think consciously and finally to exchange;
• Establishing a harmonious climate to enhance motivation, involvement and learning ...
• Learning and integrating the process through teaching, games and group exchange.
• Observing a situation without judging, assessing or interpreting it;
• Being in touch with one's feelings and needs and learning to express oneself with clarity and authenticity;
• Saying things such as to be understood while limiting the risk of wounding one's interlocutor.